Hello friends. Now MyChat app is out in the market and you can experience it live here
Let me give you some brief details about this app:
MyChat is a Chat app powered by Firebase and developed using Ionic 3.
This is a fully functional application and not just a template. Here the user can register, Sign in and then start chatting with other people, can send a friend request, receive request etc. It supports push notifications and users can block each other and many other silent features too.
1. Firebase authentication via email password.
2. Connect with a friend with Unique Access Code.
3. Image, Text, and emoji supported in chat.
4. Block and unblock a user.
5. Push notification on new request and on new messages.
6. Save your chat on offline mode.
7. Unread messages count on the friend’s list.
8. Update profile image, change status and other details.
Android and iOS. (Windows not tested but should work)
Ionic Version – 3.2.0
Technology Used –
Ionic 3, Firebase, sqlite-2.0.4
Installation Requirements –
cordova CLI- 6.5.0
After downloading the code, please run these commands.
&amp;lt;br&amp;gt;&lt;br&gt;<br><br> npm install&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;br&gt;<br><br> &amp;lt;p&amp;gt;ionic serve&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;br&gt;<br><br> &amp;lt;p&amp;gt;ionic cordova platform add android&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;br&gt;<br><br> &amp;lt;p&amp;gt;ionic cordova build android --release&amp;lt;br&amp;gt;&lt;br&gt;<br><br>
In this article series we will see how to setup the code, Firebase, Push notification, Facebook and Google implementation. In this first article you can see the prerequisite for the project to run properly on system. To setup Firebase please check our next article here.
You can download the full working source code from here.